MID LIFE LOVE
by: Whitney G.
Star Rating: 4.5 stars!
Heat Rating: HOT HOT!
I am going to admit something.... I have had this book in my Kindle for over a month (maybe more) and every time I went to pull it up, I found something else to read. You see, I was assuming this was going to be a book about a woman going through a divorce who would be bitter and it would dwell on the breakup of a marriage (not my thing). Well, you know what they say about ASSuming things. I will admit it here: I was WRONG!! Mid Life Love BLEW ME AWAY!! This book was such a treat to read and I was wrong to assume anything bad about this wonderful story. I feel bad enough about my pre-judgement, that I thought I would confess to you all and help you from making the same mistake I made. Do not let this book sit on the shelf, trust me, you want to meet Jonathan! (He doesn't like to be ignored)
Whitney G. wrote one powerful, funny, charming, emotionally intense and sexy as hell story! I started this book on a plane before my weekend getaway with friends and I can honestly say that I spent many hours pining for this book and sneaking away to read just a few more pages! It was addicting, like Oreos (you can't just walk away from that deliciousness, can you?) and I was actually happy when my plane got delayed for 3 hours so I had more uninterrupted time with Claire and Jonathan!
Mid Life Love is a fantastic story, it has great pacing and compelling characters that make you want to dig in and learn all of their secrets. Whitney G. crafted characters that were real, they had flaws, insecurities and issues they had to work through. I enjoyed the change this plot line took, having Claire older than Jonathan! As much as I love my traditional romances, it is very refreshing when you get an author to shake up the expected and create something brilliant out of the unexpected.
Jonathan has definitely made into my top 5 favorite book boyfriends! I loved his character and he came across as genuine. Jonathan didn't start with the perfect life and worked hard to get where he was at, never backing down from a challenge and always going after what he wanted. He met his match in Claire, she fought him at every turn and it was a fantastic ride watching them collide and banter. The many layers of Jonathan kept me guessing at what he would do next and kept me at the edge of my seat with his creative ways to get Claire's attention.
Claire's character was eleven years older than Jonathan and I really enjoyed this change! I was a nice change of pace to read a female lead that was not only out of her twenties but turning forty (this may have to do with the fact I am knocking on that door myself soon). Claire had a great life, then the bottom fell out from under her when she least expected it, forcing her to make changes and keep moving forward. I think Claire came off as many women would when put in her situation dating a younger man and trying her best to keep it light so she doesn't get her hopes up. I understood her actions and her choices about her relationship with Jonathan, I did want to smack her once (maybe twice) but she was who she was and I thought it was written believably.
Mid Life Love is probably one of the best books I have read in the last month. I fell in love with this story and the characters. The banter, wit and sexy dialogue kept me up way past my bedtime and the heart tugging, emotional roller coaster kept me turning pages as fast as I could read them. This is a story that will make you laugh out loud, sigh with longing, steam up your Kindle screen and make your eyes misty. I was touched by Claire and Jonathan's story and I HIGHLY recommend adding this to your reading list!
I am having a hard time letting Jonathan go, but there is good news! Mid Life Love: At Last is in the works! (I may have squealed a bit hearing that from Whitney today) This was my first Whitney G. book and I have already purchased Take Two (Jilted Bride Series) since I can't wait to read more of her writing! I am a fan and will NEVER let one her books sit in my Kindle unread again, they will get a front of the line pass from now on.
Buy this Book:
Meet the Author:
An Interview with Whitney:
1. What kind of snack/drink is a MUST for you when writing? Sour Punch Straws...OMG :-)
2. What made you start writing? I've always been a writer; I started keeping journals when I was five and every English teacher I've ever taken pushed me to work really hard.
3. What is your biggest inspiration source (where do you get your ideas) I always get them from a single scene in a movie. (Mid Life Love was inspired by a scene in Unfaithful)
4. Describe your perfect writing space? and where do you actually write? My perfect writing space is a beachfront property with glass windows that are feet away from the waves...Unfortunately, I live in Memphis so I write at a messy table in my room.
5. Is writing your full time job? If not, what else do you do? It is my full time job, but I also volunteer a lot :-)
6. What is one surprising fact about you, that not too many people know? I am terrified of BUGS. I run, jump, and scream whenever I see one. (Shhh)
7. What are you writing now? I'm writing Mid Life Love: At Last, Wasted Love, a New Adult title, and the last book in the Jilted Bride Series.
8. What is the first Romance book you remember reading? What is the last book you read? The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst (I just started reading romance books last year...don't tell anyone lol) The last book I read was Dirty Lines by Breena Wilde.
9. Who is your current book boyfriend/crush? Jonathan Statham (I know I'm totally cheating, but I LOVE him!)
Social Media Links:FACEBOOK
ga('create', 'UA-40847924-1', 'blushingreader.com');