GIRL ON TOUR (Kylie Ryans #2)
by: Caisey Quinn
Star Rating: 4 stars
Heat Rating: HOT!
**Girl on Tour is book #2 in the Kylie Ryans series. You really MUST read Girl with Guitar first. HERE is my 5 star review for Girl with Guitar**
Damn this book! I have been staring at this computer screen for a long time having no idea what to say about Girl on Tour. I am in that phase you get in after reading a book so emotional, it leaves you speechless or makes you want to tell everyone what you just read so they can feel your pain too. I will try my best to not over-share and spoil this journey for everyone else, this is a book that has to be experienced unspoiled.
Girl on Tour is book two in the Kylie Ryans trilogy. Second books, kill me. They can be such a mixed bag of emotional goodness that you can't wait to dive in an gobble it up but then you fear finishing it too soon because you know there is a wait ahead of you. I had this book in my Kindle for three weeks before I read it. Crazy, right? I just wasn't ready for Trace and Kylie to change (second books always change things) and mess up my idea of where they were going, but then I couldn't wait any longer. I had to read more Trace.
I love reading about characters after they get together and really get to see what happens when the real world sinks in and the rose colored glasses come off. Girl on Tour does an excellent job of telling the story of what happens next, it picks up right after Girl with Guitar ends with Kylie and Trace in love and facing a long absence when they go on tour separately. Kylie has wanted this dream of singing her songs on tour her entire life and is definitely a star on the rise. Trace is using this tour to do things his way and fight his way back to being on top. Watching these two characters chase after their dreams and try and keep holding tight to each other was an emotional roller coaster! We learn that sometimes in order to get your dream you have to make sacrifices, but the question is can you live with those sacrifices?
Kylie is fiercely determined, a bit of a hot head and very young. She lets things upset her and throw her off her game when she should be living her dream. Trace is a confused soul trying to fight his demons and claw his way out of his own baggage to be the man that deserves Kylie. Trace and Kylie have it tough. They are in a new relationship battling, fame, paparazzi and long distances that keep them from talking and seeing each other. I have to be honest, this was a tough story to read, the ups and downs (realistic, yes) battered my heart and I misted up in frustration a few times. I wanted to shake these two at different times for different reasons and then I wanted to freeze time and bask in the love that they had for one another. I have never wanted to stop reading a story before the end before, but when I saw where this is heading I was tempted to put down my Kindle and make up my own ending. (It didn't, I get reading)
Caisey Quinn, you did it again! You left me frantically looking at the % done in my book and thinking "it can't be ending soon, there is too much story left to read", but it ended WAY before I was done with the story (not sure I can ever get enough). All good things must come to an end I guess.... SIGH. Waiting is going to be hard but it will but it will be worth it to see how Trace and Kylie's story plays out in Girl in Love.
Girl on Tour was a quick read, I devoured it. The pacing was good and the characters were very real, down to earth people that made mistakes and tried to reach for their own piece of happiness. The story takes Trace and Kylie to a place they need to go (even though I wish it didn't) so they can trust and grow. Caisey Quinn is one of those authors that gives the reader exactly what they need in a story, even though it isn't what they might want. Second books can sometimes fall flat with me, but Girl on Tour did not. This was not a filler story, this was a story that had to be told so that Girl in Love can give us the best ending for this series and Trace and Kylie.
Girl on Tour is a must buy! Treat yourself to a great book today and 1-click this. Heck, go back and re-read Girl with Guitar and make it a day of Trace and Kylie, you won't be disappointed! (just impatient for Girl in Love).
Buy this Book:
Meet the Author:
Interview with Caisey Quinn:
2. What made you start writing? All the characters constantly yelling at me in my head.
3. What is your biggest inspiration source (where do you get your ideas)? Everywhere. Music, movies, the news, the grocery store…
4. Describe your perfect writing space? and where do you actually write? I write in my comfy chair in my living room once everyone else has gone to bed. Pretty much anywhere quiet would work though.
5. Is writing your full time job? If not, what else do you do? I’m a stay at home mom so my three-year-old daughter is my full-time job.
6. What is one surprising fact about you that not too many people know? Hmm…I’m pretty open so this is tough. I was in a near fatal car accident in high school so I have lots of pins and plates and rods where things like bones and joints should be.
7. What are you writing now? Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans #3) and a few novellas for compilation projects with other authors.
8. What is the first Romance book you remember reading? What is the last book you read? Oh gosh, I’m not sure what the first one I ever read was. Probably something I was too young to be reading. When I got back into reading romance a while back I read Rachel Gibson’s Rescue Me and I loved it. The last book I read was a manuscript by Rachel Harris. It was awesome and I can’t wait for y’all to read it!
9. What was the last book you read that gave you a "book hangover?
Social Media Links:
ga('create', 'UA-40847924-1', 'blushingreader.com');