When playboy businessman Jonas Faraday receives a private note from the anonymous intake agent assigned to process his online application to an exclusive sex club, he becomes obsessed with finding her and giving her the sexual satisfaction she claims has always eluded her, in order to fulfill his own desperate need for redemption.
Sarah : When I read Jonas Faraday’s brutally honest personal message on his application to The Club, I practically climaxed at my desk. I’m an idiot to risk losing my job but I couldn't resist contacting him. I knew my confession would be like dangling an irresistible carrot in front of his nose—but never in a million years did I think he’d actually hunt me down.
Jonas : I was shocked to get my intake agent’s email—I’d attached that note to my application on a whim, never expecting a reply from an actual person, let alone a reply as mind blowing as that. Her message was so alluring, so irresistible, I’ve been spiraling into a full-blown obsession ever since I got it. What’s her name? What does she look like? Finding her is my top priority.
In The Club , what starts out as an innocent exploration of sexual attraction quickly spirals into a steamy story of unbridled passion, obsession, heartbreak, and, ultimately, redemption.
His eyes flash and I feel his desire for me in no uncertain terms. The way he’s looking at me, I know he’s hard right now. Yet again, I imagine myself sitting on his lap and taking his hardness into me. I wonder if his “strategy” could withstand that. By the expression on his face right now, I’d swear this man can read my exact thoughts.
“What are you thinking right now?” I breathe.
“Why do you ask?”
“Because you’re looking at me like you want to swallow me whole.”
“I’m thinking I want to swallow you whole.”
I can’t help but smirk.
“I’m thinking you’re everything I fantasized you’d be. And more. And I’m thinking I want you so bad, it’s causing me physical pain. And, most of all, I’m thinking you’re so fucking beautiful.”
Boom. Just like that, I’m throbbing. And wet. I want him.
We stare at each other for a moment.
He leans back and sighs. “Tell me more about what you do for The Club, My Beautiful Intake Agent.”
I sigh, exasperated. “Why?” I whisper. I hope my voice doesn’t sound as impatient as I feel. I don’t understand why he’s so chatty tonight. Isn’t this the man who thinks about fucking a woman in a bathroom while chatting over a nice glass of pinot noir? I check the label on our wine bottle. Yep. Pinot noir. So what gives?
“What do you mean, why?”
“Why do you want to know more about me? I thought you didn’t care about any of that kind of thing.”
“Why do you want to know more about me? I thought you didn’t care about any of that kind of thing.”
He rolls his eyes. “I’m not a monster.” He leans forward. “Talking to you is turning me on. And I like getting turned on.”
I exhale sharply.
His eyes are on fire. He’s like a caged lion.
“Why me, Jonas?” I ask. I can’t help myself. This man can have any woman he wants. I wish I could let it go, go with the flow and not ask, but I don’t understand why he’s moved heaven and earth to find me, and is now looking at me like I’m a bottle of whiskey and he’s an alcoholic, especially now that I just ripped him a new one. “Please. I don’t care about your strategy, whatever it is,” I whisper. “I just have to understand why you’ve gone to such extremes to pursue me.”
His eyes darken with intensity. “You want to know?”
I nod. “Please.”
His eyes are blazing. “The minute I read your email—the minute I saw the sender name on your email—even before I’d read the goddamned message—I knew you’d change everything.”
I can’t breathe. My heart’s thumping in my ears.
“And, Sarah, I wanted you to”—his jaw muscles pulse—“change everything.”
Link to Playlist: The Club by Lauren Rowe
GUEST POST BY LAUREN ROWE:Five things you wouldn’t know about Lauren Rowe.
1. Lauren Rowe is my pen name. The Club is my third book. My first two were memoir and YA, under my real name. I used a pen name when writing The Club to free myself in writing, to make sure I didn’t censor myself at all. And, holy hell, that little pen-name-so-I-don’t-hold-back strategy sure worked like gangbusters.
2. I like my desk to be messy when I’m in writing mode. Too much order stifles my creativity. Can you relate or are you cringing right now? LOL. Half of you are shuddering, I know. My husband is a neat freak and he doesn’t get this AT ALL.
3. I absolutely love men. Not just ogling them, not just the obvious part, but everything about them. How they talk, how they think. How they interact with each other. My fantasy is to be invisible in a NFL locker room, and not just to observe a bunch of athlete-peen, I swear. I just want to see manly man men in their natural habitat, unencumbered and unaffected by the presence of a woman. I have a lot of awesome men in my life. I have a male cousin who’s in an amazing rock band that tours the world and has rabid fans all over the world, like literally, and he’s the coolest, most interesting and big-hearted person. (Not the cake-eater, that’s another cousin whom I also adore.) I have another male cousin who’s a very successful hip-hop producer in LA. Like fer realz, and I send him everything I write, no matter what, and he reads it and calls me “savage,” which is my favorite word of his. Plus, my band is full of dudes, all of whom are my brothers. And I’m really, really close with my dad. (In fact, while writing book 3, I had a plotting question and he’s super smart, so I took him to lunch and I verbally told him the entire story of The Club in one sitting --- (all sex scenes abbreviated to “and then they have sex,” of course)—and my dad was super duper helpful as a sounding board. How many dads will listen to their daughter tell him the story of her erotic romance? Last but not least, I’m also married to a very manly man dude who’s quite a strapping man, too, and who owns my heart. Oh, and did I mention I work with male models sometimes? Teehee! So, I’m a woman surrounded by awesome dudes in my life on virtually a daily basis. (By the way, I’ve got so many beautiful and amazing female friends and family, women who lift me up and support me and love me and make me laugh and tell me the TRUTH (preach!), but I decided to write this item about the dudes. Because, man, do I love dudes. And I bet you do, too.)
4. Before I ever wrote my first book, I was a singer-songwriter. In fact, walk into a department store in Europe, and you just might hear one of my songs as you stroll through the aisles. ☺ So, I’m definitely a storyteller, whether in song or on the page. Actually, I see a lot of parallels between writing songs and books. Sometimes, I feel like my books are just extended songs. In addition to writing and performing my original music, I also front a popular dance band in San Diego. We play high-energy dance music from every genre and era, all the way from today’s Top 40 to disco, at clubs, parties, weddings and corporate events. (Yes, I’m a wedding singer! Haha!)
5. I have a “day” job that sends me on the road quite a bit, and often, alas, my job requires me to work with male fitness models. (It’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it.) In October 2014, I’d just finished writing book two of The Club Trilogy and was about to start writing book three, and I was in New York City for a shoot with eight models. Well, in walks eight glorious men for this particular shoot—and one of them OH MY GOD was the exact embodiment of the hero I’d been writing about for months in The Club, Jonas Faraday. This delectable dude was physically exactly as I’d been imagining Jonas in my head for months and months of writing, sprung to life. It felt almost supernatural to me to see him. I had a hard time even talking to the guy, to be honest, I was so like, “OH MY GOD, GAH!” I didn’t say anything to him about my books at the time (and barely spoke to him at all, if I recall). But all through writing book 3 after that, I kept looking at photos of the guy on the Internet for inspiration (heehee). Well, after I finished book three, I contacted Mr. OH My GOD and asked him to be my cover model for the trilogy. He said he wanted to read the books first, and so he did. Well, that boy devoured all three books in, like, three days, and then he called me. “They’re fantastic,” he said. “I’m in.” And then, the best part? He said, “I’m totally him.” I was like, “You’re totally him? In what way?” And he replied, “In all ways.” Well, read the books and you’ll understand why that answer was blush-inducing. His name is Damian DeCantillon. Check him out on Facebook on his “Actor and Model” fan page. Handsome lad. And nowadays, I’ve gotten to know him a bit, worked with him a couple more times, talked to him, and I can tell you he’s a great guy, too, not just a pretty face (and body). Oh, and he told me I totally “nailed” the male voice with Jonas Faraday. So that was pretty cool, too. ☺
BUY THIS BOOK:
B&N Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-club-lauren-rowe/1120997981?ean=9780996013635
Kobo Link: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-club-30
iBooks Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-club/id948436520?mt=11&uo=4&at=10lNFU
WANT TO READ MORE?
The Reclamation (The Club Series Book #2)
Release Day: January 26, 2015
Jonas and Sarah’s addictive love story picks up right where the first book left off, hurtling to a heart-stopping conclusion that will leave readers breathless and screaming for the unforgettable final installment of The Club Trilogy.
Sarah: “My entire life has spiraled into chaos—and yet, all I can think about is my raging, thumping, insatiable addiction to Jonas’ magical touch. He’s unleashed an all-consuming hunger inside me that can only be satisfied when Jonas finally surrenders to me the same way I’ve surrendered to him—mind, body and soul.”
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23489759-the-reclamation
Amazon Preorder Link:http://www.amazon.com/The-Reclamation-Club-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B00QMIURWU/ref=pd_sim_kstore_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=06DZ8MD09FQRF078YP1Q
Kobo Preorder Link: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-reclamation-1
iBooks Preorder Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-reclamation/id957010292?mt=11&uo=4&at=10lNFU
The Redemption (The Club Series Book #3)
Release Day: February 9, 2015
“There’s never been a love like ours and there never will be again. We’re the greatest love story ever told. Our love is so pure and true, we’re the amazement of the gods.”
In the final, heart-racing installment of THE CLUB TRILOGY, Jonas Faraday continues his quest to overcome his demons. Is he fated for a lifetime of heartbreak and tragedy—or will he finally find his redemption?
**Contains graphic adult content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+
Amazon Preorder Link:http://www.amazon.com/The-Redemption-Club-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B00QMIURJS/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=01MFCRXNZNYKM1WWGZNB
MEET THE AUTHOR:
Lauren Rowe is the pen name of an author and singer-songwriter who decided to use an alter ego in writing THE CLUB TRILOGY to ensure she didn't hold back in writing the story. (And she didn't.) Lauren lives in San Diego, California where she performs with her band, writes, and hangs out with her family and friends.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9699494.Lauren_Rowe